7.24.2007

Book Recommendation


I checked on this book at Barnes and Noble the other day and it looks like it comes out in August. The post I link to mentions that had I remembered it. Anyway it looks like an important book.
For me, I'm afraid I'm often more childish than is healthy. I don't think of myself as a grown-up, but rather, as that college kid who lived at "The Ranch" in the sloppy room.
Then I read this the other day: "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil." (Eph 5:15-16, ESV)
Making the best use of the time - how does one judge that? Clearly, for the Christian, the Bible is the place to get your marching orders, your priotities - God, your family, your soul, those kinds of priorities.
Earlier, Kathy and I had discussions with our 17-year-old son about his use of time and that, get this, he's not a kid anymore, he needed to act more mature. I sure hope I was listening.
The deal is, time is short and we, I, don't have time for childish pursuits.


No comments: