9.28.2009

Vacation Recap, Part 3

See what happens when you don't gulp down your sausage biscuit? You go to the doctor!

We were able to get worked in, so we went on over. I told him about my hurt leg and the swelling and the fever and the lack of sleep and food. He asked about pain and I told him I didn't have any except soreness, like a cramp that happened the night before. After the exam, he surmised I injured myself somehow and that the fever was some viral thing that would work itself out.

So, I asked the $64,000 question - Could we go on the trip? He said we could, but that I should get out of the car every two hours and walk around because with my injury combined with a long car ride, I would be a risk of developing a blood clot in my leg, which wouldn't be good. But getting out the car every so often would be easy, so the trip was on!

As it was, I was feeling much better anyway. I think the juice Kathy brought me helped to perk me up and combined with the relief from seeing the doctor, I think we were pretty pumped to be on our way.

Next stop, Fulton, Mo!

Not counting all the in between stops, of course.

Pictures in Part 4!

(End Part 3)

1 comment:

Bob Wingate said...

"I should get out of the car every two hours and walk around"

I had a dream once where I walked from Kansas City to Wichita. Parallel to the turnpike was a walking path. Parts of it were covered, like walking down a hallway in a building. Other parts were open, and occasionally there would be a park bench, shade tree, or nice planting of flowers along the long sidewalk.

Which has little to do with your story.

Except the walking part.