6.29.2010

I Might Be Right Again, But Didn't Say So

I told Number One Son and his buddy several weeks ago that I thought the best destination for free agent NBA star LeBron James is the Miami Heat. This was shortly after James came up missing in the two biggest games of his career in the playoffs against the Boston Celtics.

Whether James isn't the star that many tout him to be, or whether the problem was the inadequate help deployed by his club, the Cleveland Cavaliers, is not clear to me. What was plain was James could not win a title by himself. Therefore, I concluded, he should go to a team with a least one other scoring threat, and preferably, with a player who could be the 'Alpha' if James isn't in the mood, or able. I suggested the Miami Heat with Dwyane Wade who clearly is no stranger to taking over ballgames and with Pat (I coach the Contending, you coach the Rebuilding) Riley waiting in the wings to come back to the bench.

Of course, I did not write it here.

And of course, it may come to pass.

We'll know in a few days.

No comments: