3.14.2009

Great Is The Lord and Greatly To Be Praised

I teach college Sunday School at my church and I have begun pulling lessons from John Piper's What Jesus Demands from the World. Demand #4 (i.e. Chapter 4) is "Believe In Me." I was going over that in preparation for leading the class tomorrow and read some words that really set me back:

"The desperate situation we are in, Jesus says, is that we are under the wrath of God. This is owing to our sin. God is just, and his anger is rightly kindled against human attitudes and behaviors that belittle his worth and treat him as insignificant. All of us have done this. In fact, we do it every day."

My prayer after reading that was to ask that I would never 'belittle His worth' nor 'treat Him as insignificant'. I trust you are of similar heart and mind.

Have a blessed Lord's Day and be happy in Him.

No comments: