8.04.2008

Monday A Week

It has been a while since I posted anything - I have been bogged down with some other project.

I am very happy in God today and glad to say so. He is a treasure and life and breath today in a more vital way than I have sensed in the recent past and I am grateful for it. It is typical, in my life at least, for these mini-revivals to fade in a few days and I wish it were not so. But I think now in these more 'mature' years I am not so dependent on trying to work up a feeling and know the Lord never leaves nor forsakes any of His children. The point is, to be gratefully looking to Him for all things each day.

Hey! Take a look at this! My daughter and son-in-law have begun a blog and I saw it for the first time today and I highly recommend it. Looks like Peter wrote the first post about their fish. This would be a opportune time to mention my wife's blog, however, I don't think she wants me to until she has more posts. I will update you as events warrant.

Hot? Why, yes! And thanks for asking! My air conditioner has been running since I got home at 5:30 today. It just shut off at 9:46. It's set on 80. Hurry, October!

I had a great visit with my brother-in-law from St. Louis today and as is always the case when we talk, the conversation turned to the Cardinals. He often watches them and catches the post-game shows and tonight he told me about how frustrated the Gateway City has become with Tony LaRussa.

Well, we've all felt it from time-to-time concerning LaRussa. You'd like to give him his due and then he does something that, at best, makes you want to go remodel your bathroom with the largest toilet on earth so you can flush the TV down it. He does things like taking out a .308 batter for a pinch-hitter hitting .230 because it gives him more 'options'. There's more to the story but writing it would make my head hurt. Basically, thanks, Tony for 12+ very good years. I think I hear the Bay Area calling.

Matt 13:44. I mentioned at the top that God was like a treasure and it is true because Jesus said He was. For me, this is perhaps the most vital thing I can think when I think of God.

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

Consider this:
1) We all want joy
2) It can be found in God's kingdom, through Christ
3) The kingdom is so far more valuable than anything you have that, if you could get it by trading all your stuff, you would and the resulting joy would be so great you'd never miss any of the stuff you swapped.

That'll preach.

Maybe it just did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job from Sarah and Peter on their blog! I'll check that out from time to time.